ARWA AWIA Assistance
What is AWIA and Risk and Resiliency?
Read below an excerpt from https://www.epa.gov/waterresilience/awia-section-2013
On October 23, 2018, America's Water Infrastructure Act (AWIA) was signed into law. AWIA Section 2013
requires community (drinking) water systems serving more than 3,300 people to develop or update risk
assessments and emergency response plans (ERPs). The law specifies the components that the risk
assessments and ERPs must address, and establishes deadlines by which water systems must certify to EPA
completion of the risk assessment and ERP. The
Register Notice for New Risk Assessments and Emergency Response Plans for Community Water
For more information concerning America's Water Infrastructure Act, please see https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/3021/text
How Can ARWA Help?
- Option 1 - You could go to EPA's website and complete your obligation on your own. (links above)
- Option 2 - Your ARWA Circuit Rider could assist you with the process and help you to complete your plan and remain in compliance for FREE.
- Option 3 - You could reach out to ARWA's Associate Member network and pay them for assistance. Their offerings are different from ARWA's FREE assistance and will offer you varying reports that go above and beyond the minimum regulatory requirements. This may be appropriate for your utility. This will be for you to decide, but we're happy to help answer any questions you may have if you would like to reach out to our office and discuss the options.
ARWA FREE Solution
Contact your Circuit Rider for FREE assistance.
ARWA Associate Partner Offerings
Of our vast Associate Network, there are two (2) companies that specialize in Risk and Resiliency Assessments. These are:
- Squad Consulting Associates
- SEMS Technologies - https://semstechnologies.com/
Squad Consulting offers you a turn-key experience, assisting in all aspects of Risk and Resiliency which will result in an in-depth plan for your group's use.
SEMS Technologies can provide you with easy-to-use software that will ensure you can complete and update your Risk and Resiliency Plan on your own.
Whichever method you choose to complete your R&R requirements, your ARWA Circuit Riders will be available to you for assistance.
Please do not hesistate to reach out to us today for assistance in planning for and meeting your AWIA requirements.
- Find information about your Circuit Riders on the Circuit Rider information page of this website.
- Additionally, learn more on our Basic Utility Readiness Guide
2021 AL-FL Joint Technical Training Conference
Thanks to all who participated! Images coming soon.
Mark your Calendar for the next
AL/FL Joint Technical
May 16-18, 2022
Panama City Beach, FL
- Info Coming Soon! -
Thanks for Coming!
ARWA's 43rd Annual Technical Training Conference
March 14-17, 2021
Open for Registration
Water Certification Classes
Wastewater I-II | June 21st
Water I-II | June 22nd
See all open CEH classes
in our new training section at
ARWA's 43rd Annual Technical Training Conference (W/WW)
March 14-17, 2021
See Event Pictures
Utility Management Certification
Schedule your own
On-site CEH Training
Water Loss Protection
The ARWA/NRWA ServLine Program protects your utility against losses from customers’ water leaks, and provides the opportunity for them to add service line repair replacement protection.
Alabama Rural Water Association is a non-profit organization representing water and wastewater systems serving rural communities and towns and commercial firms which support these systems.
We provide assistance to comply with State and Federal regulations, to help with management and operational problems, and to stimulate training initiatives.
GET IN TOUCHAlabama Rural Water Association
2576 Bell Road
Montgomery AL 36117
Phone: (334) 396-5511
Fax: (334) 396-7090