About the John A. Garrett Scholarship Program
ARWA Offers Educational Opportunities
Read about past
The ARWA has for many years supported an Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser in support of the John A. Garrett Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship Program was governed by a Board of Directors consisting of Vickie Watkins, President; Mike Norris, Vice President; Randolph Hall, Secretary/Treasurer for the organization of this tournament.
The ARWA Board of Directors established a Scholarship Fund named the “John A. Garrett Scholarship Fund.” This fund was organized for educational promotion of water and wastewater related careers throughout the State. It provides an opportunity to support professional development in water and wastewater fields of expertise.
To insure continued growth in the number of certified water and wastewater operators in the State of Alabama, some of the scholarships will be offered to individuals striving to enhance their professionalism by attending Alabama Water or Wastewater Operator Certification Courses for Grades I-IV certification examination preparation. This is offered to expand the educational opportunities of those individuals interested in water and wastewater industry careers. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity.
The following guidelines have been established to administer the fund:
- High School Graduates of employees with at least two years of employment with an ARWA member water or wastewater utility. Undergraduate students are also eligible.
- Employees with at least two years of employment with an ARWA member water or wastewater utility.
- Children (high school graduates) of ARWA Board Members or Staff
- ARWA Staff
- ARWA Board of Directors
Please support our efforts and make your contribution today!
The Annual ARWA Fundraiser for the Scholarship Fund is a Golf Tournament held in conjunction with the Association's Annual Conference. This major event is the financial backbone of the Scholarship Program.
We encourage everyone to contribute to this worthy cause as a tax-deductible contribution. The Fund is organized as a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
Explore the Possibilities with Scholarships
- To enhance your professional development through scholarship awards
- To improve your expertise in water, wastewater or related fields of study
- To complete a baccalaureate degree in management and/or water or wastewater related fields
- To receive scholarships for eligible applicants annually as financial resources permit.
- Scholarship funds can be used for continuing education courses, certification programs, courses and programs at two year and four year public and private institutions of higher education.
- To insure continued growth in the number of certified water and wastewater operators in the State of Alabama, some of the six scholarships will be offered to individuals striving to enhance their professionalism by attending Alabama Water or Wastewater Operator Certification Courses for Grades I-IV certification examination preparation. This is offered to expand the educational opportunities of those individuals interested in water and wastewater industry careers.
We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity!
Scholarship Region Map
Mark your Calendar!
ARWA's 43rd Annual Technical Training Conference
March 14-17, 2021
Open for Registration
See all open CEH classes
in our new training section at
Grade II/III Wastewater Certification Test Prep
Starts October 20, 2020
AL/FL Joint Technical Training Conference (W/WW)
September 22-24, 2020
Panama City Beach, Florida
Save the Date!
ARWA's 43rd Annual Technical Training Conference (W/WW)
March 14-17, 2021
Utility Management Certification
Schedule your own
On-site CEH Training
Plan for future training!
Water Loss Protection
The ARWA/NRWA ServLine Program protects your utility against losses from customers’ water leaks, and provides the opportunity for them to add service line repair replacement protection.
Alabama Rural Water Association is a non-profit organization representing water and wastewater systems serving rural communities and towns and commercial firms which support these systems.
We provide assistance to comply with State and Federal regulations, to help with management and operational problems, and to stimulate training initiatives.
GET IN TOUCHAlabama Rural Water Association
2576 Bell Road
Montgomery AL 36117
Phone: (334) 396-5511
Fax: (334) 396-7090