CISA Takes Over .gov TLD Management
Get your 'Dot Gov' (.gov) domain today at no annual cost!
U.S.-based Government Organizations Take Note!
See below an email from DHS (sent 4-28-21)
Critical Infrastructure Colleagues and Partners,
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is pleased to announce that starting April 27, CISA has taken over management of the .gov top-level domain , a milestone required within 120 days of enactment of the DOTGOV Act of 2020. Since the Act became law, we’ve:
- Coordinated with our partners at the General Services Administration (GSA) to transition daily management of the top-level domain (TLD);
- Spoken with and heard from many federal, state, and local government organizations, including election administrators, as well as tech-centric, government-affiliated civic organizations; and
- Worked to put .gov on solid programmatic footing at CISA moving forward.
We are also eliminating the annual $400 per year cost to use a .gov domain. In conversations with current, former, and potential .gov registrants, one concern was raised above all others: the price of .gov domains. Government IT administrators have often found the price hard to justify to their management in the face of lower-cost alternatives, which are typically priced at less than $20 annually, from other TLDs. New domain registrations and renewals for .gov are now available at no cost to U.S. state, local, tribal, and territorial government organizations.
- If you’re a U.S.-based government organization, visit https://home.dotgov.gov/registration/ to begin the registration process.
- If you’re a member of the public and know U.S.-based government organizations that aren’t using .gov now, consider sharing a link to this post with them.
It’s a new day for CISA’s DotGov program, and we look forward to getting the governments of the United States on the internet – securely.
Start Planning Now!
Save the Dates!
ARWA's 45th Annual Technical Training Conference
See you in
March 19-22, 2023
More info coming soon...
Joint Technical Training Conference
Thanks to Everyone
See you next year in Orange Beach!
May 23 - 25, 2023
Open for Registration
Operator Certification Classes
Water I-II | June 21st, 2022
WW III-IV | June 22nd, 2022
Water III-IV | June 23rd, 2022
See all open CEH classes
in our new training section at
Utility Management Certification
Schedule your own
On-site CEH Training
Water Loss Protection
The ARWA/NRWA ServLine Program protects your utility against losses from customers’ water leaks, and provides the opportunity for them to add service line repair replacement protection.
Alabama Rural Water Association is a non-profit organization representing water and wastewater systems serving rural communities and towns and commercial firms which support these systems.
We provide assistance to comply with State and Federal regulations, to help with management and operational problems, and to stimulate training initiatives.
GET IN TOUCHAlabama Rural Water Association
2576 Bell Road
Montgomery AL 36117
Phone: (334) 396-5511
Fax: (334) 396-7090