ARWA Annual Technical Training Conference
Best Tasting Water in Alabama!
State Drinking Water Taste Test Winner
Perdido Bay Water, Sewer & FPD
They will compete in the National Drinking Water Taste Test in February, 2020 in Washington D.C.
Compete to Win!
July 7, 2020
- Pre-register for the Water Taste Test on the Conference Registration Form.
- Upon arriving in Mobile, register your one gallon sample with the Registration Desk. The Water Samples will be refrigerated by the ARWA until the Taste Test, Tuesday, July 7, 2020, at 11:30 a.m. during the Rural Water Country Luncheon which will be held in the Exhibit Hall.
- Please have the one gallon glass container of water labeled with your Utility Name on the BOTTOM.
- Please have your water sample chilled in a small labeled cooler. Please no large coolers as space will not allow. All coolers must be picked up by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday from the Water Taste Test Stage area in the Exhibit Hall.
- System must meet ADEM approval having no violations of bacteriological or chemical monitoring prior to the Taste Test.
A panel of judges will be selected to choose the winners.
Judges will consider:
Preliminary Judging will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, July 7th.
Six finalists will be selected for final judging during the Rural Water Country Luncheon Tuesday, July 7th at 11:30 a.m.
A 1st place and 2nd place winner will be selected. If the 1st place winner fails to notify the ARWA by December 1, 2020 of their representative who plans to participate in the National Drinking Water Taste Test, the 2nd place winner will be given the opportunity to participate.
1st Place Prizes:
- One round trip airline ticket to Washington, D.C. to compete in the National Drinking Water Taste Test February 2021. All other expenses are the responsibility of the Utility. The Utility must provide to the ARWA by December 1, 2020 the name of the utility representative planning to travel to D.C. to participate in the National Taste Test.
- News release article in the ARWA quarterly magazine, “The Waterline”.
- Taste Test Winner Sign
Runner Up will receive:
- Taste Test 2nd Place Sign
- If the 1st Place winner forfeits the National Taste Test opportunity, the 2nd Place Winner may participate. If the 1st place winner fails to notify the ARWA by December 1, 2020 of their representative who plans to participate in the National Drinking Water Taste Test, the 2nd place winner will be given the opportunity to participate.
Be an ARWA Member
Pay any ARWA invoice online.
Conference at a Glance
Attendee Home & Registration
Board Election Information
Water Taste Test
Exhibitor Home & Registration
Exhibitor General Info and Rules
Exhibit Hall Layout
Conference at a Glance
Conference Agenda (full schedule)
Exhibitor Registration Form
Exhibitor Notice Full Information Packet (large-5Mb)
- Exhibitor Information & Rules
- Exhibit Hall Layout
Golfer Registration Form
Golf Tournament Info
AL/FL Joint Technical Training Conference
Sept 22-24, 2020
Panama City Beach, FL
- Hotel honoring Discount! -
Mark your Calendar!
ARWA's 43rd Annual Technical Training Conference
March 14-17, 2021
Open for Registration
ARWA's 42nd Annual Technical Training Conference (W/WW)
AL/FL Joint Technical Training Conference (W/WW)
September 22-24, 2020
Panama City Beach, Florida
Utility Management Certification
Schedule your own
On-site CEH Training
Plan for future training!
Water Loss Protection
The ARWA/NRWA ServLine Program protects your utility against losses from customers’ water leaks, and provides the opportunity for them to add service line repair replacement protection.
Alabama Rural Water Association is a non-profit organization representing water and wastewater systems serving rural communities and towns and commercial firms which support these systems.
We provide assistance to comply with State and Federal regulations, to help with management and operational problems, and to stimulate training initiatives.
GET IN TOUCHAlabama Rural Water Association
2576 Bell Road
Montgomery AL 36117
Phone: (334) 396-5511
Fax: (334) 396-7090