Proposed Operator Certification Regulations and New AWIA Requirements Training
Introducing Online CEH Training!
Since the Alabama Department of Public Health released guidelines urging folks to avoid meetings to prevent the spread of the COVID-19, we have been revising our training plans, technology, and agendas to make training available online. To see more about webinars and watch a short orientation Video, select "Show More."
- To join a class, look for the Webinar Registration Link and be sure to give us a good email address. We will send an email message with all the information you will need to log into the class. Note: It is important that each attendee provide a valid email address. Attendees may attend/watch the training on a shared computer, but each must register and sign in to the training with their own email address to be credited for attending.
- On the day of the class, don't drive any farther than a computer with a good internet connection! Follow the directions to connect (from the email), and join in. You will be able to see and hear the instructor and even ask questions!
- If you have already registered for a class, we will contact you by email. If you don't hear from us, call us at 334-396-5511.
- If this will be your first time, please set up your system and log in about 15 minutes early.
In the meantime, you may watch this short (4:23 min) Quick Start video below to get started.
We truly hope that the current situation will soon pass and we can all come together and enjoy one another’s company and share experiences again. Until then, bear with us while we use Online Training. Stay safe!
See you at the Webinar!
FREE Training Opportunity!
Webinar Presentation Handouts (pdf)
ADEM Operator Certification Preliminary Draft Regulation & OC Program Updates
April 2 - Webinar (Anniston)
April 16 - Webinar (Eufaula)
May 6 - Webinar (Greenville)
June 4 - Webinar (Sheffield)
Plan to Join Us! Register below!
The Alabama Rural Water Association, in cooperation with ADEM and EPA, is conducting a series of training classes that will highlight historic changes currently being proposed to ADEM’s Division 10 Regulations (Operator Certification Program), as well as new requirements as outlined in the American Water Infrastructure Act (AWIA).
- ADEM will take you through the proposed changes to the Operator Certification Program, detailing the potential impacts to your utility and will be available for discussion and questions on the topic.
- ARWA representatives will provide details concerning the new Risk & Resiliency Plans required by EPA, as well as updates required to your Emergency Response Plan as dictated under this new rule.
Maintaining a good quality of life is an ongoing objective. Water is a critical resource and availability of a good safe dependable source of drinking water is a necessity.
This training will be FREE OF CHARGE.
You will want to register now to be a part of this educational opportunity.
We strongly encourage you to join the webinar!!
To Register for the webinars, follow the links shown below...
- Select the date for the webinar and follow the link. It will take you to a registration form.
- Complete the registration form and you will receive the information you need to connect to the webinar.
- We will also send you an email confirmation with the same information.
|Webinar Date||Link to Registration Form|
|April 2, 2020 Webinar
| 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|April 16, 2020 Webinar
| 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Register at
|May 6, 2020 Webinar (Greenville)
Webinar ID 344-598-907
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|June 4, 2020 Webinar (Sheffield)
Webinar ID 759-713-979
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Plan to join us!
- Save a copy of this PDF registration to your desktop.
- Open the saved PDF file. Be sure to provide a unique email address for each attendee. This is essential to receiving proper credit.
- Fill in the training registration form, then
- Email - save and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax - print and fax it to 334-396-7090, or
- Mail - mail it to us.
We look forward to seeing you!
|8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.||Welcome and Introductions
|8:30 a.m. – 11-30 a.m.|| Proposed ADEM Division 10 Revisions and Alabama Operator Certification Updates
|11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||LUNCH
(On your own)
|12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.||EPA Risk & Resiliency Timeline and Overview
|1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.||EPA Risk & Resiliency Requirements and Plan Development Guidelines
|2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.||EPA Emergency Response Plan Requirements
|3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Feedback / Evaluations
Having trouble with your registration?
If you have trouble with your registration, please fill out the PDF brochure (link at top of page) and email, fax, or mail it to us instead. Thanks!
Mark your Calendar!
ARWA's 43rd Annual Technical Training Conference
March 14-17, 2021
Open for Registration
See all open CEH classes
in our new training section at
Grade II/III Wastewater Certification Test Prep
Starts October 20, 2020
AL/FL Joint Technical Training Conference (W/WW)
September 22-24, 2020
Panama City Beach, Florida
Save the Date!
ARWA's 43rd Annual Technical Training Conference (W/WW)
March 14-17, 2021
Utility Management Certification
Schedule your own
On-site CEH Training
Plan for future training!
Water Loss Protection
The ARWA/NRWA ServLine Program protects your utility against losses from customers’ water leaks, and provides the opportunity for them to add service line repair replacement protection.
Alabama Rural Water Association is a non-profit organization representing water and wastewater systems serving rural communities and towns and commercial firms which support these systems.
We provide assistance to comply with State and Federal regulations, to help with management and operational problems, and to stimulate training initiatives.
GET IN TOUCHAlabama Rural Water Association
2576 Bell Road
Montgomery AL 36117
Phone: (334) 396-5511
Fax: (334) 396-7090