Salary: Negotiable based upon Experience
Position Qualifications: The Alabama Rural Water Association is seeking to fill a full time position as Program Manager. Qualifications should include a minimum of 3-5 years non-profit or management experience with demonstrated organizational skills, public speaking ability, knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software in particular Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as Publisher.
Additional experience with Information Technology capabilities and experience with the Legislative process will be helpful. Good public relations and excellent oral and written communication skills a must. Experience in financial or operational management of federal or state grant awards or extensive knowledge of A122 and A133 Internal Revenue Guidance is a plus. Applicant must possess a valid State of Alabama Driver’s License and must qualify for auto insurance through the Association’s Automobile Insurance policy.
Applicant must be willing to travel extensively. Applicant must live within a 60 mile radius of Montgomery or be willing to relocate.
Benefits: State of Alabama Retirement System, Local Government Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, company vehicle, annual leave, sick leave, federal holidays and more. This is a salaried position and negotiable based upon experience.
Deadline for Resume Submittal:
April 30, 2014
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 334 396-7090.
The Alabama Rural Water Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Description: Operates various process equipment in wastewater treatment plant(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates to regulate flow of sewage trough facility
- Observes variations in operating conditions; interprets meter/gauge readings and tests results to determine requirements to comply with State & Federal permit conditions
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to manage flow of raw sewage through screening, aeration, settling, and sludge digestion processes
- Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects sewage sample and conducts laboratory tests
- If Grade IV Operator, may periodically be assigned to supervise operators of Grade II or Grade III certification level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Works independently; effective communication both verbal and written; comprehends and follows written and verbal instructions
- Understands basic arithmetic skills including fractions and decimals; performs calculations for related factors and formulas; and processes control calculations and physical measurements
- Recognizes when systems are functioning abnormally and reports malfunction to the appropriate person
- Evaluates facility/system’s performance according to process and permit limitations
- Understands Material Safety Data Sheets
- Must have a current and valid driver's license in good standing
Preferred: Current AL Grade II, III, or IV Certification in good standing.
Education and Experience: High School education or equivalent is required.
Other Requirements: Must follow all company safety practices and procedures.
CONTACT: Send résumé to Jessica Morales, SouthWest Water Company at: email@example.com.
Veolia Water North America, the leader in water and wastewater treatment industry is seeking a Maintenance Tech or Certified Water Plant Operator to work full-time in a water treatment plant in Lanett, AL. Full package of benefits, BC/BS health insurance, 401K retirement, vacation and sick time. Pre-employment drug screen required, and you must have a valid AL Driver’s License.
Qualified individuals may submit resumes to:
Veolia Water NA
Attn: Brad Davis
102 SE 12th Street
Lanett, AL 36863
We are an EOE and a Drug-Free Workplace
The Water Works and Sewer Board, City of Greenville, has a position for Water Operator available at the Field Operations Department. The position and pay offered will be based on experience and knowledge.
Interested applicants should apply with the State Employment Service located at 117 W. Commerce St., Greenville, Alabama, 36037.
The successful candidate chosen for employment must meet the following requirements: State of Alabama Grade II Wastewater Certification, State of Alabama Grade II Water Certification (or be able to attain within 1 year), a valid driver's license and pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
Physical: Manual labor, heavy lifting, climbing/heights, operation and maintenance of large pumps and motorized equipment, possible use of backpack respirator.
Mental: Within three-month probationary period the successful candidate must demonstrate proficiency operating and maintaining plant and laboratory equipment, computers, and instrumentation.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have current dual certification in water and wastewater, but all certified candidates will be considered for the position.
The Water Works and Sewer Board, City of Greenville, has a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, education assistance, and investment in the State of Alabama's retirement.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, valid driver’s license and an Alabama Grade II Water Operator Certificate issued by ADEM & be physically able to perform all of the duties required by this position. Ability to travel for meetings, training, and to work nights, weekends is also required.
Interested parties mail resumes to:
Pine Level Water Authority
PO Box 10
Pine Level AL 36065-0010
References will be checked. Please submit salary requirements with resume.