The Associate Advisor Eelection will be held at the ARWA Annual Conference on March 13, 2012.
Deadline to File
Associate Advisor Qualifying Application: February 13, 2012
1. Qualifying Package. An interested candidate's Qualifying Package must be provided to the ARWA by February 13, 2012 for eligibility determination.
2. Election. The language from the By-Laws is printed below and should be followed for the next election process scheduled for March 13, 2012, during the ARWA 34th Annual Technical Training Conference in Montgomery, Alabama at the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center.
Associate Advisor Qualifying Package 2012 (PDF format)
Deadline to File: February 13, 2012
After opening the file, you may print, complete, and return to the ARWA by mail (ARWA, 2576 Bell Road, Montgomery, Alabama, 36117) or fax (334-396-7090). You may also scan and email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the ARWA election process, feel free to call Randolph Hall, President of the ARWA Board of Directors or Kathy Horne, Executive Director of the ARWA.
Section 2. Associate Advisor. Associate Members of the Association represent corporations or companies who are suppliers of products and services to the water and wastewater industry. These businesses join the ARWA as non-voting Associate Members. It is the intent of the Board of Directors to have one Associate Advisor elected by the current Associate Members of the ARWA. The interested candidate who is an employee representing the current Associate Members of ARWA must submit a qualifying application to the ARWA 30 days prior to the election date determined by the ARWA. The election will occur at a time designated during the ARWA Annual Conference during an election year. The Associate Advisor will represent ARWA Associate Members by providing information and suggestions to improve upon and build partnering relationships with the ARWA, its staff, Board of Directors and utility members. Through communications of the Associate Advisor a voice is heard and the Associate Members have a presence in teamwork efforts that establish long lasting successful services to water and wastewater utility members of the ARWA.
Provisions of the Associate Advisor Election are as follows:
- Only an Associate Member Representative who is current with Associate Member dues and who is a full time employee of the Associate Member is eligible to seek election
- The candidate upon election will serve a four (4) year term and an Associate Advisor may be reelected to serve additional terms
- Associate Advisor has no voting privileges on behalf of the ARWA
- Eligible Candidate must submit a qualifying application to the ARWA 30 days prior to the election date determined by the ARWA
- Associate Member will provide one voting delegate name for the Associate Advisor Election only on their Annual Conference Registration or Membership Application
- No proxy voting
- In the event that two or more candidates are competing during the election, and if no candidate receives a majority vote, a run-off election shall be held between the two candidates with the greatest number of votes. In the event of a run-off, the candidate receiving the majority of votes from the eligible Associate Member representatives present will be the Associate Advisor. If a tie occurs and is not broken by the voting representatives present, a letter will be mailed following the Conference to every Associate Member stating the outcome of the ARWA Associate Advisor Election and asking for nominations from the Associate Members to be returned to the ARWA within two weeks. If nominees are received, they will be presented to the full ARWA Board of Directors for vote and approval. If no nomination is received from the Associate Members, an Associate Advisor will be selected and approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors
- The ARWA will reimburse the mileage and lodging for the ARWA Conference each year as well as ARWA Board Meeting mileage and lodging incurred by the Associate Advisor