ARWA Annual Technical Training Conference
State Drinking Water Taste Test Winner
Leeds Water Works Board
who will compete in the National Drinking Water Taste Test in February, 2019 in Washington D.C.
Water Taste Test
Best Tasting Water in Alabama!
Compete to Win!
March 19, 2019
- Pre-register for the Water Taste Test on the Conference Registration Form and mail or FAX to the ARWA,
- Upon arriving in Mobile, register your one gallon sample with the Registration Desk. The Water Samples will be refrigerated by the ARWA until the Taste Test, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, at 11:30 a.m. during the Rural Water Country Luncheon which will be held in the Exhibit Hall.
- Please have the one gallon glass container of water labeled with your Utility Name on the BOTTOM.
- Please have your water sample chilled in a small labeled cooler. Please no large coolers as space will not allow. All coolers must be picked up by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday from the Water Taste Test Stage area in the Exhibit Hall.
- System must meet ADEM approval having no violations of bacteriological or chemical monitoring prior to the Taste Test.
A panel of judges will be selected to choose the winners.
Judges will consider:
Preliminary Judging will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 19th.
Six finalists will be selected for final judging during the Rural Water Country Luncheon Tuesday, March 19th at 11:30 a.m.
A 1st place and 2nd place winner will be selected. If the 1st place winner fails to notify the ARWA by December 1, 2019 of their representative who plans to participate in the National Drinking Water Taste Test, the 2nd place winner will be given the opportunity to participate.
Final Winner will win:
- One round trip airline ticket to Washington, D.C. to compete in the National Drinking Water Taste Test February 2020. All other expenses are the responsibility of the Utility. The Utility must provide to the ARWA by December 1, 2019 the name of the utility representative planning to travel to D.C. to participate in the National Taste Test.
- News release article in the ARWA quarterly magazine, “The Waterline”.
- Taste Test Winner Sign
Runner Up will receive:
- Taste Test 2nd Place Sign
- If the 1st Place winner forfeits the National Taste Test opportunity, the 2nd Place Winner may participate. If the 1st place winner fails to notify the ARWA by December 1, 2019 of their representative who plans to participate in the National Drinking Water Taste Test, the 2nd place winner will be given the opportunity to participate.
Be an ARWA Member
Conference at a Glance
Detailed Conference Agenda
Attendee Home & Registration
Board Election Information
Water Taste Test
ATV Giveaway and Raffles
Exhibitor Home & Registration
Exhibitor General Info
Exhibit Hall Layout
Full Conference Agenda
Conference App Info
Attendee Registration Form
Attendee Full Information Packet
- Attendee General Information
- Awards Program Application Package
- Board Election Information
- Water Taste Test
- ATV Giveaway and Raffles
Exhibitor Registration Form
Exhibitor Full Information Packet
- Exhibitor Information & Rules
- Exhibit Hall Layout
- Agenda at a Glance
Golfer Registration Form
Golf Tournament Info
Pay any ARWA invoice online.
Open for Registration
Understanding and Complying with Sanitary Sewer Overflow Permit Requirements (WW)
Lead and Copper Materials Inventory (W)
Jan 31-Phenix City
Sustainable Utility Management (WW)
System Check Up and Operator Training (W)
Utility Management Certification
Schedule your own
On-site CEH Training
Plan for future training!
New! To provide our members with additional protection, we have implemented a Secure Certificate on our website. This authenticates the ARWA website and encrypts transmitted data such as name and contact information. You will see a lock symbol, a green color, or the https:// secure protocol in the address bar of your browser.
Pay any ARWA invoice online.
Water Loss Protection
The ARWA/NRWA ServLine Program protects your utility against losses from customers’ water leaks, and provides the opportunity for them to add service line repair replacement protection. Learn more.
Alabama Rural Water Association is a non-profit organization representing water and wastewater systems serving rural communities and towns and commercial firms which support these systems.
We provide assistance to comply with State and Federal regulations, to help with management and operational problems, and to stimulate training initiatives.
GET IN TOUCHAlabama Rural Water Association
2576 Bell Road
Montgomery AL 36117
Phone: (334) 396-5511
Fax: (334) 396-7090